Okay.  So I finished up painting Draculaura yesterday, and left it alone before I got really over my lack of skill.

My problem was, that I was trying to paint smooth slick lines like the "proper" repaint artists.  I'm also an artist, and it occurs to me that none of my work is smooth or slick.  It's just not my style. I like to work in a  more painterly, almost messy way. I like to build up layers of colour and tone. Even for my small doll-like portraits.

I don't do clean and slick.  It might mean my repaints aren't saleable, but eh, whatever.  At least I can sew, and the outfits are going well at auction.

So anyway, yesterdays result ended up like this:



My photography is rubbish, but the face looks okayish.  Good enough for my doll collection but not saleable. *Sigh* 

So I sprayed with MSC, and worked more colour around the eyes, to make them look kind of vampire-y.  I re-did the eyes, cleaning and brightening them up.  It's been over 5 years since I last did a repaint, my eyesight is not so good, and I'm horribly out of practice.

But I'm okay with the finished article:



She is, after all an, "artist" doll. (lulz) And she does look better in real life than in my awful photographs.

I used chalk pastels for the blushing, which looks great; and Prismacolour artists pencils for the dark shadow around her eyes.  Artists quality acrylics for the eyes, lips and brows.  Sealed with MSC, and the lips given a final coat of satin acrylic varnish.

She won't be rerooted, I've made her a lovely Tibetan lambskin mohair wig, also I painted her scalp brown and sealed with my Galeria matte acrylic sealer.

Now she needs an outfit.

And my digital camera seems to have died. Argh.





.

Profile

raccoons_rags: (Default)
Raccoon's Rags

Page Summary

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags