((From part 2))

____


I timed myself roughly for this, and it took me the best part of six hours to make and I have sore fingers.  Probably because I used double crochet stitch which results in a much stiffer fabric.  next time, I'll use half trebles and make a floppier hat.

I made the whole thing in one piece, working in rounds:



It is a little tight on an Ellowyne with rooted hair, but it does fit:



Now for the brim, it's beginning to look a better shape now:



Then I trimmed the edge using ecru yarn, in shell edging, et voila. It's a much better fit on my scalped doll. Poor thing, she deserves a decent outfit:



I do like taking pictures of a doll with another in the background and these girls look great together, I've always liked the combinations of pinks and greens:



I'm still trying to find mini projects to do because I'm saving myself for when the BJD's arrive.  They're still going through Customs and I get more frustrated EVERY DAY.  I hate you, UK customs.  With a passion.

____



.

Profile

raccoons_rags: (Default)
Raccoon's Rags

Page Summary

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags