My word, I've been uber-busy with my new dolliehs - my new IPLEHOUSE dolliehs (Heh. That never gets old) - and I've done loads of stuff, but haven't had time to sort out the photos and upload.
Firstly, now Xander has had two pairs of new shorts, Rachel must have some, so the first logical step was to try his shorts on her, and see how much I needed to adjust the pattern.
they weren't a bad fit actually, so she can probably steal his shorts when she needs to. They hung nicely at hipster level, but the crotch was too low.
I drew up the new pattern and set about making new shorts:
Checking for fit, front:
Checking for fit, back:
It was easy to just raise the crotch and make a draft pair. they were meant to be rough, but fit so well on the first attempt, I finished them off nicely and called them done.
I like the hipster fit, but that crotch was still a tad low, and you can't quite tell from the picture, but that waist needed nipping in a bit:
Et voila, now I have two shorts patterns for her, one low-slung, and another with a little more shape - and with longer legs. That crotch should look more tidy in denim. The cotton fabric I used here is not very forgiving. Trousers will come from these patterns, but first I want to get some teeshirt patterns done:
I've made six pairs of shorts in total, and now I'm making them in my sleep, I definitely need a change.