This one is for my large-busted JID girl, Rachel.   It was a bit more tricksy to get the initial pattern pieces on this doll, and there are nine panels, instead of the seven panels in the previous Ellowyne Wilde corset.

The first draft was a complete write-off. And very frustrating. I was so bitter and twisted about it in the end that I didn't even bother with  pictures, I re-drew where the seams should go, and chopped it up to make more pattern pieces.

The second looked much better, and if we don't make mistakes in the first attempt, we don't learn how to get the second attempt right.

I felt smug:









Then for the "proper"  corset, I hand sewed all the panels, and the lining panels, topstitched by hand, and instead of boning (which I don't have) I used fine cotton cords to stiffen the garment a little.  It's a miracle the topstitching is so neat, my hands have been very wobbly lately.




I was almost squirming with delight when I tried the finished item on the doll!  :D




I love these seam lines:





The skirt is made in a lovely fabric by the very talented art_is_us on Spoonflower.  I need to style it a bit, maybe add decor, then I'll show pictures.  I'm also going to make armlets for Rachel too. Just like the Ell ones, hopefully.



_______



From:
Anonymous
OpenID
Identity URL: 
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

 
Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.
.

Profile

raccoons_rags: (Default)
Raccoon's Rags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags